I've been working at least 9+ hours a day the last couple of days and have some more meetings, phone calls and videos to make on Thurs. I'd forgotten that I'm really only a part time employee in all this new found mess of a job I have. My kids are on spring break right now and are caught up on all of their school work. So when I woke up a forecast of the most beautiful day Utah could offer I decided it was a good day to spend outside and leave all my work and house responsibilities behind.
First we went on a hike up to the Draper Suspension Bridge. During the hike Spencer joyfully commented I've never been hiking before this is fun. He was right I don't hike with small kids, I don't have a strong back to carry them and I was a little nervous Spencer's little legs wouldn't hold up to the 2 mile hike but he skipped along the whole time and I realized I may have entered a new world of hiking with all of my kids.
We then drove through Chick fil a and got the family 30 piece meal deal and enjoyed a lonely isolated picnic on the grass of a local baseball park.
After lunch when we arrived home I just wasn't ready to go inside and tackle on the cleaning so I asked if any of the big kids wanted to go on a bike ride with me. Jane and Aaron were game and Emily volunteered to stay behind and attempt to get Spencer to take a nap.
I forgot how much I love to ride my bike. I biked so much as a kid and always loved it. We started south down the trax trail right by my house and discovered a new townhome development had build a connection to another trail that looped around back to a nearby fishing/ duck pond and back to the trax trail. I can't tell you how energizing it was to bike with 2 of my favorite people. It also gave me hope that in a couple of years Spencer will be old enough to keep up and maybe we can do family bike rides together.
Utah Springs are so fickle but occasionally mother nature blesses us with a perfect day. Jane has been reading outloud "Anne of Avonlea" and just read this line to me as I am typing. "Isn't today heavenly Diana. It's like a day left over from the Garden of Eden." It's exactly how I feel right now L.M. Montgomery!











A well-spent glorious day!
ReplyDelete