Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Isolation Gratification: Day 32

I don't think anyone could love this quarantined life more than Spencer.      He's got most everyone in his world at his beckon  call every day all day long.    Heaven help me when we return to normal and the kings people go away. 


These frienemies are either fighting or being "bestest brothers"  There really isn't an inbetween.  I can't tell you how many time a day I hear "AARON" or "SPENCER" at the top of their lungs at each other.    

All day long he says  "Anyone want to come jump with me?"  He hardly ever gets a no.   

When he feels like being a cowboy.  He makes it happen

He's always up to anything Jane does with him.  Here he is sporting a boy bun.  

"Jane calls him her buchie buchie boo and will do anything for him"

One day Spencer enjoyed running through the sprinklers when Bart was turning them on for the year.  Since then about every day he gets in his swimming suit just hoping his dad goes out and plays around with them again.  


For work I've been sending videos home to my students parents giving them tips for talking to their children.   Spencer loves being the example child  

I also send home a weekly "language group"  videos of story kits I've put together for circle time at school.  Spencer loves these kits and asks me all the time to go do another movie from the toys in the back of my car.  


Occasionally he'll ask about when he gets to go to Cindy's and talks about his friends there and how he's going to show them this toy or that toy when Corona is gone.  It breaks my heart to think of him missing his friends but I am so grateful for all the entertainment his big spirit in his little body brings into our isolated life!   When I start to feel any despair about all the effects this virus is wreaking on the world, Spencer's smiles, giggles, love, energy and enthusiasm lifts my spirits and reminds me that come what may the most important thing in life is the love we have as a family!   

No comments:

Post a Comment