Today I woke up to this hanging from my bedroom door. Cute Aaron woke up early hung these on all of our doors to welcome in April. I instructed all of my kids that there would be absolutely no messy jokes played in my house and Emily piped in and said TP is too valuable right now to use it for joke anyway. Aaron slyly dumped some cinnamon toast crunch into the fruit loops and he loved Emily's reaction when the wrong cereal came out. I'm thankful my kids continue to be in good spirits!
I've been so grateful for humor during this time. We haven't had cable for a few months so I haven't watched any news for so long. Last week I ended up on a youtube chain watching a few world reports and went to bed anxious, fearful and overwhelmed. I decided I'm not going down that slope on youtube again and decided to simply stick to comedians. My favorite is Jim Gaffigan. I stopped following most people overly opinionated on instagram and added entertainers. Most things Jim posts are point on to how I feel about parenting situations. Here's a quote from one of his latest stories.
So I'm quarantined with my wife and 5 kids in our apartment in New York City. Every day we wake up and then we eat we and then we clean and then we argue and then we eat again and clean and argue. Sometimes we mix it up and we argue first and then eat and then clean. I feel like my wife and I are running a mediocre diner. The food is just ok to ungrateful patrons.
I've giggled at lots of memes being sent my way but this one is so far my favorite.
Last night after everyone but Emily and I went to bed, I sat beside her at the kitchen island while she worked on her ceramic class project. We talked a while. We joked and laughed at a few memes on my phone and Emily the ever loving Disney fan thought this you tube video was the best. So we watched it over and over until I told her I couldn't watch it anymore and needed to go to bed.






No comments:
Post a Comment