Monday, October 3, 2022

10 things I love about Aaron

 Aaron is 10.   It's hard to imagine it was a decade ago that I met him for the first time.    Here are 10 things I love about Aaron!


1. Aaron's my sensory kid.   He was the baby who just loved to be in the warm water for his bath.  He didn't mind getting his diaper changed and  was easy to calm down just by being held.   Now he's my 10 year old who begs for me to rub his back and feet, sticks his hands in anything gooey, sticky, or sandy and he still loves a hot shower after a long day.  

2.  Aaron's a thinker.   If there's a problem I'm stumped over he often has the solution that will work.  For instance I was trying to put together some little toy and I could not get it to fit together.  Aaron took it from me and turned a piece around and it fit perfect.     He is good at knowing what tool he needs and getting it to work.

3.   Aaron's a hard worker.    Bart has designated Aaron as the lawn mower and he's doing a great job taking care of our lawn.   He loves to be with his dad working and will stick to his side the entire time their is a job to be done.

4.  Aaron has strong emotions.     His anger is explosive and hard for him to contain but on the other hand he is sensitive to feelings of love, kindness, sadness,  scared, and so on.    He doesn't bottle up any of them and with time it will be a strength as he is able to manage all of them.  

5.  Aaron is a loyal brother.     He would do anything for his siblings including finishing Emily's chores because she didn't manage her time well and couldn't go to a party until they were completed.   Aaron looks after Spencer at school and loves to drive Jane crazy.

6.   Aaron loves all things boy related.    He will happily spend the day fishing with his friends,  zip sticking or shooting hoops in the driveway, or going to his practices and games with football and baseball.  

7.   Aaron prides himself on his maturity.    He often gets ask if he is older than he is.  He loves that he is so tall like his dad and is totally secure with his big feet. Aaron keeps up just fine with the 12 year olds in our neighborhood .   He is confident around tools and knows he is capable of fixing things.  His friend Cole told me he likes to go fishing with Aaron because he is good at tying all the knots you need to fish.  

8.   Aaron hasn't given up his little kid yet.    His baby yoda "Grogu" toy is very important to him. Aaron likes being tucked in at night in his own bed but usually ends up on my bedroom floor in the middle of the night after he hears some scary squeak in the house.  

9.  Aaron's a busy body.   Somewhere inside of him his body tells his brain it has to move at all times.   I am a very still person and have learned to embrace this quality.   I love to see him busy doing things and only occasionally get bothered by the messes he produces or his inability to sit still while watching a movie.  

10.   Aaron's my handsome son.   I often look at him and see his handsome dad in him and other times I see a cute Pace look on him.     Emily and Jane often tell him he is going to be heart throb when he is older but for now I'm happy he still my boy.  


Aaron wanted to bring donuts to his class so I went to Harmon's early on his birthday to buy them and then brought him an extra one home.  I  woke him up to a donut with candles to blow out.


Bart had a few extra minutes on his way home from car part and stopped by market square.   He found a coconut cream pie so we lit that up with candles after dinner.   

He then opened a few presents and finally got his sandlot jersey he has wanted all summer and Emily and Spencer gave him a beloved mandalorian  lego head.


Sunday we invited the Richards over for dinner at our house and celebrated with a surprise nerd cake and a pinata with the cousins.  









No comments:

Post a Comment