Thursday, October 6, 2022

Stay on your feet Spencer

 I wish I could bottle up Spencer's confidence and mindset and take it for my morning vitamin.     He is so fun to watch play sports.    He started the school year off with a short baseball season of coach pitch.    He came home the first few times telling me it was boring.   I think he has played with Aaron for so long it's hard for him to stand  in the in field and watch a lot of the other kids who haven't played baseball much strike out.      He on the other hand hardly ever struck out and consistently hit it in the in field.   The last time he was up to bat for the season, his coach called his name and he strutted past his coach and said "I'm going to hit it to the outfield."   His coach responded "Better hit it really hard then."    Can you guess what happened?  Yep  just like that he hit it straight out to the left field.    






Spencer is loving playing soccer.   He got a heads start playing so much of it with Ally's kids in her back yard this summer.    Spencer's lack of personal space with other kids really pays off in soccer and from the get go he had no problem getting in the mix of kids and going after the ball.   On the first game every time he kicked the ball he would fall.   It wasn't an accidental trip fall.  He was purposefully doing a trick kick and sliding to the side.  Bart turned to me and said "What is he doing?"    I shrugged and said who knows it's Spencer isn't it.    Where most of the parents were cheering there kids on with good jobs or go Johnny go, Bart and I were yelling stay on your feet Spencer.   Spencer didn't want to listen to us but he did listen when his coach said "Spencer you need to stop falling so you can follow the ball and kick it again."  That is all it took and then Spencer became a mad man on the field.   


 When I commented how good he is doing staying on his feet, Spencer said "I still do my kick mom I just wait until I'm closer to the goal now"




Depending on how many kids showed up for the game Spencer will often score 5-10 goals per game.   One game we came in just a little late and the coach had the line up on the field already.   As we waited Spencer in patiently said I need to get in their and speed the game up.    Well he finally got called in and immediately took the ball and scored.    His coach looked and me and said 32 seconds.   The game really did speed up when Spencer got in.  




Stayed tuned for basketball.   Spencer asked me when soccer is over when does he start basketball.  I said the first of December and he said.  "I can't wait cause I'm a baller" 



1 comment: