Jane joined the fall middle school league at Alta High. She ended the spring session on the JV doubles team. Jane kept a growth mindset this season and moved her way up to the 2nd spot on the varsity singles. At a match her coach talked to me about how impressed she is with Jane's growth and felt that if Jane believed has the skills to win out the 1st spot she just has to believe it. I passed on this information to Jane and she said mom I totally know I could. I should have one last time but the girl I was playing asked me to help her win because her mom promised her a shake if she won so I let her win. After a disapproving lecture from her mom about why that was a bad idea, Jane came back from her practice and said she is now the 1 spot!
As the 1 spot the competition really increased! She was up against girls who have been playing and taking lessons most of their life. I was so proud of Jane's mindset. She kept her cool after losing all her matches and just focused on what she could improve for the next round.
At regionals she lost her first match but was elated when she won her second match. It was the perfect way to end the season!
Tennis matches are by far the worst for picture taking. Especially since they don't let parents in the gate. So no pictures of actual matches but here are some cute pictures of Jane and her team at the first of the season and then at the end of season party.




Richards grandkids are good at tennis! Yeay for Jane!
ReplyDelete