When I was a kid we only came out to California once for a Disneyland trip that did not include Sea World. I guess I must have seen a lot of commercials or a movie or something because sitting in the stands for the shows I felt like I had been there before. The only thing different was in my head I imagined the Killer Whale show with people in the water doing amazing flips off of the whales almost like an acrobat show. Needless to say I was a little disappointed to watch Shamu swim around and do an occasion flip to the side all the while hearing about what great things Sea World does for the ocean. I suspect the documentary "Black Fish" has ruined the show or I had unrealistic expectations of what it should be like.
But the rest of our time at Sea World was fantastic. The Dolphin show had trainers in the water and Sea Lion and Pet show was fun. My favorite was the cirque du soleil sort of show over the ocean.
We didn't have time for the rides but we did manage to go on the sky ride over the harbor.
It made me smile to see cookie monster was one of the characters. See this post.
Aaron loved a real life Elmo, who actually tickles
![]() |
![]() |
For weeks my girls have been talking and saving for a souvenir stuffed animal from Sea World. Jane was set on getting a dolphin until she laid her eyes on the Polar Bear. Emily chose the white Sea Lion and Aaron at first picked out a remote for your selfie stick (of course he would it has buttons to push). I tried to tempt him with a stuffed turtle which only slightly caught his attention but then he saw the binoculars with a toy whale and he was sold.
![]() |
| Here's the type of family picture you give the assistant to the photo card photographer your phone and she says I took a few fast ones. |






Aaron + Elmo is pretty great.
ReplyDelete