Aaron and I turned to walk back to the car and I just got this sudden sense like I'm losing my best friends. It came on rather suddenly and unexpected because I'm such a cheerleader of my kids getting older and more independent. I realized then that I just spent practically every moment for the last three months with my kids. Even at night I usually have one (ahem Emily) of them sleeping on my bedroom floor. We've also spent almost every day doing fun "friend" things together. Like driving places singing along to the songs on the radio like "Shut up and Dance" by Walk the Moon, "Honey I'm Good by Andy Grammer" "Budapest by "George Ezra" and "Geronimo" by Sheppard.
I know sooner than I think these two girls will be too cool and embarrassed to sing along in the car with their lame mom or want to follow me around all day doing whatever I'm doing. So here's a shout out to a final farewell to a fabulous summer spent with 3 of my Besties!!



No comments:
Post a Comment