The name seems to fit since Aaron is very proud to be "Big". It's fun to see him beam when he is feeling very big and confident. Like when it's mentioned by others trying to potty train their kids how Aaron is such big boy because he goes poop in the potty.
Aaron was all for riding a Sheep at Little Fry Rodeo. He didn't seem at phased watching so many others ride fall and cry. When it was his turn he got a little gun shy so I whispered "If you get on that sheep I'll buy you a snow cone when your done." That's all it took he stepped right up.
I wonder what Aaron is thinking. It's obvious it's not set in that this sheep might hurt him.
After a good long ride Aaron faced planted. Nothing like a mouth and nose full of dirt.
He sat up and started to bawl. It was so dang cute! I ran out and scooped him up along with his boots and hat. He kept crying and crying until I once again whispered in his ear "Great job lets go get that snow cone you earned". He instantly stopped crying and we made our way to the concession stand. His whole face was completely covered in dirt so a lot of people stopped and told him he was such a big brave boy to ride that sheep. By the time we made it over to where my mom was sitting to get a few wipes to clean him up my mom commented how you can just see how proud and brave he felt for riding the sheep.
Aaron also has made leaps and bounds in the pool. He went from clinging to Bart and I to independence (with a life jacket) in the water. I've loved seeing how proud he is of his new found water freedom. He continued to fear the water slides though until a recent trip to Seven Peaks when he let go of the fear and had the time of his life.
Later that night while Bart and I were both trying to get him to stay in his bed for the night. (Yes it was one of those nights). He sighed and said "I don't want to sleep in my own bed, I NOT a big boy anymore"
I just love my "Big A"!


The picture right when he face-planted and had a little yard sale is priceless!
ReplyDelete