Thursday, August 4, 2022

Arrange with Jane

Almost ten years ago we had just moved into my dream house.     I had taken a year leave of absence from work  and Jane was my almost 4 year old buddy who I hung out with every day while Emily went to work.    I was thick into newborn baby land and she was hands down the best helper in the world and so fun to be with.  
One day she came up to me and said
"Mom I think we should clean out this closet today"
We then cleaned it out with her helping every step of the way.

Fast forward to when the world was fascinated with  Marie Kondo's  book "The life Changing Method of Tidying Up".  Jane and I watched every episode  of her Netflix show.   To this day she carefully folds her clothes and lovingly places them in her dresser every time she finished her laundry.   Oh and you should see the inside of her bathroom drawers.  It's incredible.  Nothing is ever out of place.  






Jane introduced me to another Netflix show titled "The Home Edit".   She started following professional organizers on youtube and got all sorts of knowledge and ideas.  
Ally who loves a good  entrepreneur ideas started to encourage telling her people pay others big money to organize for them.  Jane started thinking about all the possibilities and then suggested that she transform our pantry for practice and so she could start her portfolio of good before and afters.   My pantry isn't big but I went for so long in Sugarhouse without a pantry that I've always been grateful to have it.  

Here are the before pictures.  




And the after pictures...
 




Ally saw the before and after pictures and immediately hired Jane to do her while we were staying in Carlsbad.    Here is the before.....







As with any organizing project there is a part of no return that separates the "boys from the men".    Jane had forgotten how massive Ally's pantry was.....





She didn't quit and here is the after.......







No comments:

Post a Comment