Monday, May 28, 2018

Making memories on Memorial Day Weekend

Another memorial day full of memories as we spent the weekend at my parents house.  Bart went off to California for his annual birthday fiesta with Clint Eastwood.  The kids and I took off Thurs in time to celebrate Baxter's graduation at his house.  

  
The next day we headed over to Brooke's house for Chap's celebration.    Bentley and Jane loaded up with my parents to attend the graduation.  I passed knowing Spencer is not equipped for such outings.



The girls spent Saturday morning puttering around the hut and helped Raquel clean up an old trailer house.  Now they are planning on fixing it up for a club house the next time they visit.  Bentley discovered the 3 new kittens in Grandma's garage and then it was seventh heaven for the 3 girls who tended them the rest of the weekend.





Meanwhile the boys were MIA most of the time as they scoured the surrounding hills for interesting rocks and lizards.   Raquel told me on the way down to Teasdale Dayson was complaining that there would be nobody around to play with.  She said Aaron will be there and he said "Aaron's just a little kid".  Raquel lied saying Actually Aaron is 7.  Dayson said "he is? oh ok I'll play with him then".   

I guess it pays for Aaron to be a giant child because Dayson didn't clue into the fact that Aaron was not 7.  Aaron is use to chasing with the older boys in the neighborhood and didn't skip a beat with Dayson.




After I put Spencer down for a nap,  I rounded up the kids and headed down to the park to hike  to Hickman Bridge.   Here's my post about the last time I went on this hike.    All the kids skipped up the trail like it was nobody's business.  They loved exploring all the many crevasses, caves and holes in the rocks.  I thoroughly enjoyed moseying behind them.  After a few stops for pictures it became a hike filled with "Mom take a picture of us here" "Now take a picture of us here".  I happily obliged and got lots of fun photos.   












Emily got a little bored and whining on the way back and needed to be reminded that if a 2 year old can make it up and back without whining surely she could.   After a while she found interesting things to explore and was back to her busy happy self.   At the end I gave out high five no whining awards and when I got to Emily I gave her a high five "most improved hiker award".   

We ran out of water on the way back and poor Aaron was parched and hot but trudged along anyway.  It was a welcome site to see a river at the end and all the kids to jumped in and played for a bit.  





Sunday on our way out of town we stopped by the graves of first my Grandpa Pace and then my Grandma Morrell.  A thunderstorm struck just as we pulled into the Bicknell Cemetery.   The girls with flowers in hand sprinted to the grave, delivered the flowers and were back in a flash.  I'm sure my Grandma understood and being a farmers wife was just happy for the needed moisture. 





No comments:

Post a Comment