I've never been able to grow anything and am barely able to keep things alive. Since the beginning of preschool with Emily occasionally my kids will bring home some sort of seed in a cup with instructions on how to grow it at home. I use to try to give my kids a good experience and teach them to water it and tend it but without fail the seed would never sprout. I am no good with plants. I either give it too much water and drown the things or I don't give it enough. Either way I've yet to see one sprout. I haven't even bothered with the last few seeds that have come home. So last week when Aaron came home so excited for Earth Day and his plant I pretended to be excited and told him he needs to water it daily and hopefully it will grow. I've left this one to Aaron. Aaron keeps a water bottle right next too it and waters it and then waters it some more and low and behold the thing is growing.
I officially announced over breakfast that Aaron has a green thumb and thank heavens we need someone in the family with one. Oh how Aaron laughed with confusion over figuring out how his thumb is green. He's now pretty proud of his thumb!! The other day after he did his reading he told me I'm a good reader and have a green thumb right mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment