We leave the ward trunk or treat after putting way to much effort into our trunk as well as making a pot of chicken noodle soup after we watched Emily play a volleyball game and then spent a few hours at Lagoon to then rush home to and get all 4 kids in costume including hair braiding, dying it red, and painting a cardboard toilet seat. I say...
Me: I never want to do this again
Bart: (surprised voice) Why? It was fun
Me: Too much work
Bart: Just look at it as something to blog about.
So blog here are my pictures of the day I don't want to do again but glad I have something to blog about and make memories with my kids.
 |
| As we were leaving the park Bart turns to me and gives me a thumbs up after he reads this sign. Ha ha so rude but very true!!! |
 |
| Emily's costume. Moaning Myrtle. The walking test of Harry Potter fans. People either got it and loved it or were confused |
 |
| Jane read the Pippy Longstocking book this summer and was sold on being it for Halloween. Did I mention how much fun red hair dye is for moms? |
 |
| Thank you my kind hearted boy for being so happy with a costume you can buy at Costco and slip into in no time. Any wagers how many consecutive years he'll be a star wars character? |
 |
| The Monkey has returned. I love this costume so unique, vintage and full of family memories. |
 |
| The perfect couple. Pippy and her monkey (totally Jane's idea) |
 |
| This was the first year we opted to contribute to the trunk or treat. The last few years the trunks were all decked out. This year not so much. Just ours actually! I can never get it right. |
Cute costumes and cute kids!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! But I totally agree - Halloween is too much work! And for what? Sugared up kids. No thank you! But we do it every year because the kids love it...
ReplyDeleteMy comment from a few days ago didn't post! It was something along the lines of how cute your kids are in their costumes, and I am glad you survived the crazy day. I was Pippi Longstocking in third grade, too -- but my mom used red food coloring, and it did not come out of my hair for six months.
ReplyDelete