Saturday, October 7, 2017

Super Saturday!!!

It's a beautiful Sat. morning in October and Bart is away to New York City chasing autographs.    The kids and I start the day watching Emily play her first volleyball game of the season.


Then we decide to take a trip down to Brooke's house to raid a pumpkin patch her family helps take care of.  On the way there we stopped by "Jaker's Jack-0-Lathern" pumpkin patch in Springville (can't beat the $2 admission fee) and enjoyed a few of the festivities.    

Spencer navigating his way through the toddler hay maze!!

It's hard to get 4 kids to look at the camera at the same time



Hey mom,  take a picture of us way up here.  


Pumpkin patch hay ride.   Spencer is intent on counting the pumpkins just like his older brother Aaron was doing. 


Emily convinced me it would be fun for all of us to go through the big corn maze.  I hesitantly agreed and about half way through the maze had a minor anxiety attack trying to keep all of us together while finding the way out.  It became apparent we were just going in circles and then I missed Bart badly because he's the steady I'll get us out rock we rely on.  The sadness turned into madness that he wasn't there but was doing his stupid autograph thing.  The anxiety and madness kept building until I found a group and decided our best bet was to follow them.   They noticed the trail of stragglers behind them and told me we  foraging our own trail the hell out of here.  I said "Sounds good to me".  And like a breath of fresh air soon we were out!  










Spencer was enamored by the animals and especially liked petting the pit 



We then headed down to Brooke's house and gathered us up enough pumpkins to fill up our porch as well as some for the preschool classroom kids I work with.






We got back right in just enough time to drop off the boys for Emily to watch while Jane and I used some free Real Monarch's soccer tickets that were given to all the Sparta soccer players.    I know nothing about soccer but it's a developing interest with Super Soccer Jane in the house!!!



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous day is right!! And yeah - corn mazes with little kids sounds like a special kind of hell to me!

    ReplyDelete