Aaron turned five and during the day came skipping into the room and said "Ta-Da I'm five." I don't know if I've ever met a kid more prepared to be 5. He's such a joy to be around. Most days I thank Heavenly Father he sent me such an even temperament for a child. He blesses my heart so much!! Aaron is your smiley, go with the flow, make others happy and prefers to be with lots of friends sort of kid. When's he's busy he is busy and will stick to a project and really focus. When he is not busy all he wants to do is busy himself with bugging his sisters or messing with Spencer. I guess that's how it goes with a high energy boy.
It's a tradition that I'll decorate a cake for each birthday. Aaron wanted the exact cake as last year but I have a rule that I will never make the same cake twice. Mary gave me an idea to use the frozen buttercream transfer method for a star wars themed cake. In the past I would decorate the cake in private to surprise the birthday kid but Aaron was so insistent that he help I caved and during the process I saw him so happy I realized he may be that kid that enjoys the creating of a project than the actual finished project. Plus it kept his touch everything sort of hands busy for a long time on a rainy Saturday afternoon. Best days ever for both of us.
Here is the finished storm trooper!
I'd prepared Aaron to not expect a big birthday bash this year but ever since Phin's brought a birthday pinata to Sunday Dinner Aaron would say can't we at least have a pinata with the cousins. Sounded like a good deal to me so a Sunday Dinner Pinata party is was.












Love it, love him!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Aaron!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a great boy. It was a great party!
ReplyDelete