Spencer loves shoes. He will notice some shoes and with so much enthusiasm say "Shaz". It doesn't matter whose shoes he just wants some on his feet.
My other kids at this age were constantly shedding their shoes any chance they could get. I was always so annoyed to arrive at our destination to see bare feet and shoes and socks tossed every which way in the backseat. I use to go jogging with Emily in the jogging stroller and would often discover one shoe missing when I returned. After a couple lost shoe episodes I would first take off her shoes and leave them home. Spencer on the other hand will notice his bare feet go find his shoes and bring them to one of us and ask to have them put on his feet. It's pretty incredible to me that he always knows where his shoes are. In one of those hurry out of the house moments I called to anybody listening "Will someone find Spencer's missing shoe we've got to hurry" Emi, Jane and Aaron ran around the house, I'm sure a little haphazardly, without any success. Spencer on the other hand hearing the word "Shoes" disappeared and a few minutes later reappeared holding the missing shoe and we were out the door "like a herd of turtles" as Bart often says. Speaking of missing shoes Jane, who has never misplaced anything in her life, is at her wits end always looking for her shoes Spencer has scattered around the house. I get her frustration as she and I like things in their place and their is nothing worse than frantically running around trying to find a lost shoe. We deal though because how can you get mad at such a face!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment