Friday, January 6, 2017

Please Bless...

Sometimes things have a way of coming full circle.  

It's a couple of days after Christmas and I am frantically trying to finish my blog book to get the 40% off promo code by the end of the year.   Aaron wants me to open and help him with a speed racing track he got for Christmas and isn't having the "maybe in a few days answer."  Jane volunteers to open it and help him put it together.    "OK by me" I say and the two disappear and I continue with my book.

Later I emerge to find that the two were unsuccessful at finishing the project of putting the track together.  Aaron did however find success at cutting up the big foam board that held the pieces into very small chunks and scattered them all over the main floor of my house.  

Not yet finished with my book,  I simply left the mess with directions for Aaron to pick up all the foam.   Of course Aaron weaseled out of the job without me standing there saying "keep going" "now these ones"   "lets see how many we can put in the trash in 1 minute" etc.    For the next couple days I haphazardly kept reminding Aaron that the foam was still his job as I focused on completed the book.    By the time the book was finished the foam had multiplied and was everywhere.     I turned on my "do it now or else mom mode" and Aaron and I picked up all the foam or so we thought.  

The funny thing about foam is somehow even when you think you've cleaned it all up it keeps showing up.  Spencer with his newfound freedom from crawling was like a magnet to all the tiny pieces of foam.    Whenever Spencer was loose it wasn't very long and someone would say Spencer's eating another piece of foam and would rescue him from choking.  

Aaron being a very concerned older brother was assigned the prayer over the food.  As always he took some time blessing things like dad would have a good day at work, that Emily and Jane would be nice and then he said "Please Bless Spencer won't choke on any more foam."     

Oh the struggle is so real sometimes!!






1 comment:

  1. We are still picking up foam around here, too! It goes everywhere!

    ReplyDelete