Friday, January 20, 2017

Job wanted

I'm cleaning up Aaron's room and close to door to find this.



No wonder my  big Sam's club package of tape is almost gone.   This is a typical day for Aaron just finding creative ways to keep things together.  I've got to hand it to him he's good at what he does.  He loves any sort of rope or string and somehow figured out how to tie knots.   You should have seen the simple pulley he once made.    I'm convinced his brain is very mechanically driven.

Last weekend I'm at my mom's house with only Spencer and Aaron.  Bart was home getting ready for Sundance and the girls had decided to stay the weekend with their cousin Bentley at her house.    Aaron's a little bored and gets nervous so he starts messing with Spencer.    Baxter and Branson mention they are heading over to my dad's shop to tinker around and I ask them if they can take Aaron.  Baxter says sure but he might get bored.  I tell them to call me when he gets bored and I'll come and get him.

I never got that call from the boys and a few hours later Aaron comes storming in the house so proud to show me a dollar he had earned.    It turns out my dad's friend Rex was using my dad's shop to work on his truck and Aaron became his fast friend.    My dad said he has never seen a 4 year old stand on a bumper looking down into a motor for so long.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of it.  Aaron told me he worked hard and earned a dollar.  Branson said he earned it by sorting different sizes of bolts.

I've decided that for the rest of the winter what my restless Aaron really needs and wants is a job.   He'd make an excellent apprentice.  He's very hands on, is a busy body, has a lot of energy and would work for cheap.  Let me know if you hear of an opening he's available most anytime until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment