Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year's Resolution

As a family we decided to go out to eat courteous of my Grandpa Morrell's very generous Christmas gift of $50.    Our family hardly ever goes out to eat and this experience reminded me why.  We picked Red Robin thinking it might be a little less crazy and kid friendly.  Well about 10 minutes into sitting down we had rearranged the seating arrangement twice.  Emily wanted to sit by Jane so they could goof off and Jane wanted to sit by Spencer and threw a Jane tantrum when she couldn't. Bart moved in between the girls trying to settle them down.   The wait for our food was forever and the longer we waited the more wild my kids became.    Bart, who had the better view of everyone around us, said "Everyone keeps staring at us this is embarrasing ".    I respond with  my New Year's Resolution is to never go out to eat as a family again.

The food finally came as our stress levels were at an all time high.  Aaron who has become a grapefruit lover and has always loved oranges sees my lemon on the side of my plate and says "Mom can I have that I just love those."    I sense he thinks it's either an orange or grapefruit wedge so I play along.    He takes a bit bite out of it and pulls the funniest faces.  Both Bart and I bust out laughing and Aaron joins along.

 Pretty soon the girls were taking turns trying a lemon and we ended the night enjoying each other.   The best moment when Aaron took the first bite didn't get captured on film but here is a couple good pictures of Jane trying a lemon.










Thanks Aaron for always knowing how to lighten the mood in our family!!!




1 comment:

  1. Those faces - priceless!!! (I hate eating out, too, BTW. If you change your mind on your resolution, I recommend a buffet. I'm not a fan of buffets in general, but that's where we take the kids if we ever go out as a family...)

    ReplyDelete