In the middle of our mess I looked around and saw Emily hot glueing something, Jane carefully measuring and sifting flour into a bowl, Aaron excitedly cracking eggs and creaming the butter and sugar together, and Spencer smiling at all of us from his high chair. My heart was full. I often think that in the future when my kids have grown things have quieted down and my house will finally stay clean, I will look back to this wonderful phase I am in and miss this season of motherhood.
I'll miss the tween years with my girls. Where they are happy, joyful and fun to be around. There probably won't be another time when they have little stress in their life and time and desire to spend it with me. I honestly feel we are great friends and I love just hanging with them watching the latest "Just add magic"series or talking about little occurrences in their day.
I will miss my delightful 4 year old Aaron who is quick to smile, laugh and play. I love that and the only care in the world is that we are all happy.
I will miss my Spencer who went from a cranky hard newborn to a lovable baby who is quick to smile and seeks others attention. I will miss rocking him to sleep at night while he looks up lovingly and stares at me while he drinks his last bottle for the day. I will also miss giving him unobjectionable kisses all day long.
I know every season has it's good and bad times but for now I'm content to stay in this one. Now if I can only figure out how to freeze time. Maybe just for a little bit.

If you figure out how...please let me know. What a sweet picture of your kiddos.
ReplyDelete