Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Powerball


Ally calls me up and asks me since I live in Utah if I want her to go down and purchase me some powerball tickets.  Hmm  1.5 Billion dollars very tempting and than the realist in me takes over.  I tell her no thanks that would just ruin my kids and beside I'm the most unluckiest person when it comes to these things so I'll just keep my couple bucks.

Raquel would tell you I just need the "The Secret"  There could be some truth to that.  In fact I've only ever won 1 drawing in my entire life.  I was very pregnant and I attended a Speech Conference down at BYU.  When we registered they put our names in a bowl for some door prizes.  In the middle of the conference a lady stood up holding a plastic cup with a note pad and a pencil in it.    Sitting near the top of a stadium seating conference room I had this thought. "I bet they call my name and then I have to stand up in front of these 200 or so people and waddle all the way down there to claim that stupid cup.  Sure enough within seconds my name was called.  I guess the secret works.

It is rather tempting to fantasize about what I'd do with all that money.  Well I'd hire someone to do all of my yard care.  I'm sure Bart would buy a fancy speed boat but other than that we are good.  So for now my poor kids can keep weeding our yard.  It's good for them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment