Here's my cute kids in their new Sunday best the Sunday before Christmas.
Our Christmas Celebration started out with the traditional sing along then pizza and PJ's at Nona and Papa's. My kids love this tradition especially the strip down and change into your pajamas part.
That night we came home and gave our kids specific instructions to NOT wake us up until 7:30 at the earliest. I guess it's pay back time for me. When I was a kid I was the one who couldn't sleep and was up at the wee early hours waking my sister Allyson who was always dead asleep and trying to find ways to get my parents out of bed. One Christmas I had a fabulous (I least I thought so) idea to change all the clocks in the house to 7 AM and then wake my parents up and tell them its 7. Well I remember waking up around 4 and spending a long time changing every clock in the house. When I finally had them all set I went into my parents room woke them up and my dad promptly looked at his watch on his wrist (dang it I forgot that one) and told me to get back to bed. He may have included a cuss word.
Well my kids were up before 6 scrummaging around. I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and showered but Bart held out for 7:30 and then the fun started.
Our Elf Zoey usually leaves a present with a note to each kid. Here is her notes.
Our Elf Zoey usually leaves a present with a note to each kid. Here is her notes.
Emily,
Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy this present. I’ve noticed how kind you are to Jane and
Aaron. Your are the first to share your
candy and are always thinking of others.
I’m impressed with how quickly you say “OK mom” and do what she asks.
Keep up the good work
Love:
Zoey!!!
Jane,
Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy this present. I’ve noticed how great you are at looking
around and seeing what needs to be done without being asked. I’ve seen how kind and thoughtful you are to
Emily and Aaron. I’m impressed that you
want to include both of them when you play!
Keep up the good work
Love:
Zoey!!!!
Aaron,
Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy this present. I’ve noticed how loving you are to those
around you. You’re the first to give
everyone a hug or cuddle and tell them “I wobe you.” I like it when you are helpful and work hard
to clean your room and the other messes you make.
Keep up the good work!
Love:
Zoey!!!
Emily's favorite present was her green checkered skateboard from Santa
Jane's favorite present was her own Calico Critter Townhouse.
Bart and the kids went out and shoveled the driveway while I cleaned up. I just loved looking out and seeing our winter wonderland. Nothing like a white Christmas
We made our way back to Bart's parents house where a yummy brunch awaited us and then we set out for another tradition. Movie with Papa. It was one to remember as all the kids had anticipated "Star Wars".










No comments:
Post a Comment