Emily on the other hand has been suggesting that it's time to get her ears pierced for a couple of years. I've declined her suggestion knowing what problems I had with my ears as a child. My ears are very sensitive and become infected very easily. I finally let them grow back in. After my mission I heard President Hinkley give his famous talk about how women should only have 1 earring in each ear. While others were taking out their 2 and 3rd holes I went down to the mall with a roommate and got my ears pierced again.
So we've each been holding out until Emily came home from her Class Christmas party gift exchange with these dangling snowman earrings. She commented how nice it would be to have her ears pierced and I suggested a bargain. I told Emily I would take her to get her ears pierced if she cut her hair short. I was shocked when she agreed to the arrangement. She even went so far as to write up a contract for each of us to sign. I added a clause that she would allow me to blow dry her hair as often as I wanted.
We agreed that after the hustle of Christmas we would complete the agreement. So on New Year's Eve all 3 of us went over to the neighbors and got our hair cut. Emily wanted it to her shoulder's but luckily the beautician stepped in and said "People will see your cute earrings if you go a little shorter." That did it and Emily went back to her old bob.
We then set out for the mall to get Emily's ear's pierced along with both of their American Girl Dolls. (I gave them a gift card for Christmas to have it done at temporary store in the mall). Lucky for me Raquel called just in time and from experience said Wal mart pierces ears for 1/2 the price of the mall. We detoured and got Emily's ears pierced then set out to get the dolls pierced.



She looks so grown up with pierced ears and her new haircut!
ReplyDeleteAdorable!! Good compromising.
ReplyDeleteI noticed her cute new haircut his weekend but then later at home went, wait, I think she has new earrings! Very exciting for a girl. I was 28.
ReplyDelete