Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

Did you know in December a couple of Santa's reindeer live only a couple of miles from our house. I didn't until my sister in law Mary blogged about it last year. For motivation to complete our scripture reading chart we told Emily if we fill in the chart we can go see Santa's reindeer. The last box was filled in Saturday so for Family Night we headed up to "This is the Place Heritage Park" I was expecting a few lights and reindeer but was pleasantly surprised. It was like walking back into time and experiencing an "Old Fashion Christmas" I liked it because it wasn't very commercialized and I could really feel a sweet Christmas feeling. Highlights included Father Christmas in Brigham Young's home, the Live Nativity, an angel puppet show, reindeer (of course) and square dancing with Emily (that was until Emily realized she was going to have to change partners and that was just too much for Emily to stomach dancing with a complete stranger.)



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you went! It's cold but fun there. I love how Emily's hat fits you. Yours is now done and I'll bring it Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just was going to comment on the hat i love it.... and the last pic of Jane smiling is way cute....

    ReplyDelete