Emily is a nervous wreck about the seams in her socks. It takes some serious time out of my day to put her socks on and pass her approval before the shoes can go on. I'm really missing flip flop season.
Pauline once witnessed the event and chuckling said "I remember Bart use to make us fix his socks multiple times at that age."
It was then that I made the connection with this genetic disorder that unfortunately doesn't get better.
I once went to great lengths one Christmas to buy Bart some socks, since he was wearing mine and creating holes in the heal and toes. It might seem like an easy task to buy socks but you see Bart wears a size 14 in Men's shoes. Shoes are hard enough to find in that size, thank you Nordstrom Rack, but socks are even harder. I found some extra large socks and thought I had solved my problem of holes in my socks. Well the new socks sat untouched and my socks continued to disintegrate. I confronted Bart about the issue. He admitted to not wearing the new socks because "the seams bunch up and bug him".
Sound familiar?
it's the little things like that - makes me smile! CUTE post, too, btw
ReplyDeleteMy youngest sister was exactly the same way! I still remember being frustrated those few times I would have to help her with her socks and she would freak out about the seams being in exactly the right spot. How funny!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I have to agree with you here. Some things are completely GENETIC. Even the sock seam thing-hilarious! My kids are way laid back, they get that from Bryan. Nothing bugs them, completely easy going, peacemakers- all of them!I'm glad they aren't as stubborn or as passionate as me- THANK GOODNESS! Also, Bryan wears a 14 shoe too, we get them from JC Penney big and tall. Also, you can pick some up at Rockport, but I would only reccomend if they are having a sale:)
ReplyDeleteUgh! Colby has the same genetic disorder. He will only wear socks from the gap or old navy. And before I buy him socks, I have to ask the old navy worker person if I can unwrap the package and let him try them on before I will purchase them. I can only trace this back to my sister who apparently had the disorder herself. Good luck!
ReplyDelete