Thursday, December 31, 2009

These are the Shoes...


I had to take great lengths to find since Adidas has discontinued them. I don't know if anyone has ever mourned their shoes wearing out but I have now that these babies aren't replaceable. When I found them on the Internet I was tempted to buy about 10. Can you just see me at the gym 10 years from now with shoes I bought 10 years ago. Actually that wouldn't matter at Steiner, my gym, because anything at any age and size goes there.

Most importantly these are the shoes I will be running the Salt Lake City 1/2 marathon in in April. I just officially registered and now I'm stuck because I'm way to cheap to fork out 60 bucks and not do it. Due to my paranoia of ice, I started training early to get some of the longer runs in before the sidewalks get really slippery. I'm up to 8 miles. Wish me luck that I can keep running outside because I would rather kill myself than be on a treadmill more than 30 minutes. (Suzanne you amaze me that you train solely for these races on a treadmill)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! You will not regret doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm jealous. Jeff and I want to do a 1/2 marathon, but we may have to put off doing one together at least for a year - I don't know that I'd have enough time after this baby to train for one before the weather gets bad. Good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to run with you. Salt Lake has been my favorite race so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY WOW! You GO GIRL! I can barely walk 3-4 miles and then I'm DONE! And... I do it on the treadmill aLL WINTER! Cuz.. I cannot stand the snow! Good luck! I know you'll do GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Collette! You are an ANIMAL 8 miles so far- awesome- you can do it. Someday i'd like to fly out and run that with you. You and your shoes.... You really should have bought 10 pair~! GoOd LuCk!- MJ

    ReplyDelete