Friday, August 14, 2009

Two's company


Jane is just starting to understand object permanence. I now can't leave the room without a squeal of protest. Well the other day I had Jane in her high chair with some favorite toys while I was cutting up some watermelon and cantaloupe. Of course right when I was elbow deep into a juicy mess Jane starts dropping her toys and fussing because she wants them back. I ask Emily if she will retrieve the toys for Jane and all of the sudden like magic I had two happy girls playing a game. Jane would drop the toy and Emily would pick it up and give it back. All the sudden both of my girls were entertained.
Maybe this could be what others have meant when they say "It's easier to have two children than one"

1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful thing when they start playing together and just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete