Jane is so awesome she keeps it on the down low out of humility. She's soaring to the top with her piano. She continues to love working with her teacher Gretchen and her musician class at the U. Here she is at her Spring Recital.
She tried out to be the piano accompanist for the Advanced Jazz Band at Alta High and made it!
She played on the Alta Middle School tennis team and continued to develop her skills as a tennis player. She played varsity doubles most of the year with her friend Alexa. I loved watching her play and seeing the enjoyment in her face.
She's planning on devoting a lot of time practicing with some of the Alta High tennis players this summer and doing some matches to get ready to try out the the Alta High team at the end of the summer.
Jane's been wanting a job since she's turned 14. After Spring Break she decided she couldn't take being poor with so many wants in life. She cranked up the intensity and applied to any where she heard will accept 14 year olds. I warned her people don't like to hire 14 year olds because of all the child labor laws. Jane wouldn't be crushed when she didn't hear back from most of them and then one week Reese shared a post from Plato Closets (a second hand clothing store) about a hiring day for 14 year olds.
I drove her to the interview, she confidently walked had the interview and came out. I asked her about it and she said they asked her questions about her self and then said have you had any other jobs. Jane replied not technically but my Aunt hired me to organize her house. The owner replied that's good because this job requires a lot of organizing.
I wasn't surprised at all when she got a second interview. This time it was with the manager who asked her how she would rate her organization skills from 1-10. Jane replied "I don't want to brag but I'm really good at organizing and hope to be a professional organizer some day so I'd say a 9.5-10.
During this same time Emily suggested Jane text her friend Ava who's mom friends owns a snow cone shack up the road. She called her and met up with her for an interview as was hired on the spot. Soon after she got a call from Platos that she was 1 of 3 out of 15 who got the Plato's job.
Jane went from no jobs to 2 jobs and is learning about how to handle the stress of juggling different schedules and being effective at communicating. It's still up in the air how much each place will work her and if she needs to pick one but Jane's just counting her blessings that soon she will have enough money to buy some Dr. Martin sandals she's wanted for a while.
Jane is such a great friend and kind to everyone. She chose to be a peer tutor for a Special Ed. student and as she tells me how she handles helping him complete his assignments. His goal is to stay in his seat but he is Mr. social and wants instead to roam the room. Jane said sometimes I take his stuffed animal he carries around and say Your doggy really wants you to stay here and keep working or others time I say just do one part and then you can get up. When we were walking around looking at all the winners of the district art show he was there and came running up to her and told his parents, this is my friend Jane. She's so compassionate and kind and is a natural teacher if she tells me he stresses her out trying to keep him in his seat.
She loves to hang out with her friends yet loves her alone time reading teenage romance novels and keeping her space clean and tranquil.
She makes it look so easy to be awesome but I know she works hard and is diligent in all her endeavors. I love this girl and continue to thank the heavens she's my daughter.







I have to stop by and see her at work!
ReplyDelete