Sunday, June 18, 2023

Best Dad Ever

Bart is the best dad.  He is completely unselfish, tender and cuddly, quietly hilarious and sets firm boundaries which leaves little room for arguing (I'm jealous of this one).  Bart doesn't seek or want to control anyone but himself (he hates being bossed around).  Because of this he gives space for his kids to make their own choices with confidence and support and a few follow up questions.    He leads by example of how to serve others and often includes his kids so they can experience the joys of serving.   He will do anything with his kids including playing "Sweet Valley High" for family game night (he doesn't like board games), take his boys fishing (his biggest dislike is fish) as well as hauling his kids around to activities and last minute store runs for paper supplies.    I still can't believe Emily got him to wake up early on Valentines Day when she was in 6th grade to go get her then "boyfriend" a dozen Krispy creme donuts.   In return all he asks for from his kids is  "drop the attitude",  be the best they can (like not skipping class) and occasionally bring him some ice cream or treats.  










Happy Father's Day.  I'm glad I get to be on this parenting ride with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment