Monday, March 30, 2020

Isolation Gratification: Day 17

Today was a doozy.     Speech Therapy for severely disabled  preschool students who struggle to attend in person is not meant to be done via the internet.   After 2 zoom work meetings of my own, missing Aaron's zoom meeting with his teacher (tears that followed because the teacher was going to show them how to draw a horse)  closing on the refinance with my house and my boys running wild all day spreading lots and lots of legos as they go,  I'd say I've had better days.     Needless to say I'm grateful for a kind man named Joshua in the IT department who spent around an 1 1/2 with me on the phone walking me through very technical stuff (screen share wouldn't work) on how to get my computer to function not on the school network.     Things will be better.  We will get the hang of this work from home/school from home at the same time.  It's all about trying our best right?




1 comment:

  1. I cried a bunch yesterday. And I was also actually thinking about you and your students, as I've been trying to connect with Andrew's speech therapist online.

    ReplyDelete