July 1-7
Looking back at the summer I realized we spent a lot of time in Southern Utah. There's nothing sweeter to me than those slow paced perfect 80 degree days and cool nights and open space in Teasdale with the family!! We spent a lot of time at the Pool taking lessons and going back to practice what the kids learned. Aaron gained so much confidence in water and was so pleased with himself to jump off the diving board and swim without a life jacket.
It was hay cutting time and the kids loaded up with Grandpa Dick in the big Swather. They also enjoyed lots of hours on the Can Am and 4 wheeler.
The Rope swing in Torrey is always a hit.


![]() |
| My aunt Janie was watching my cousin Mary Jane's kids while Mary Jane attended her ward girls camp as well as packed to move to a new house. The kids had fun getting to know some distant relatives |
First stop was in Boulder at the Anasazi State Park Museum. They now charge to go in and since I've been there a bunch and Bart came with me a few years back when we stopped on our way to the Hole in the Rock with my family. We sent my mom in who got the Senior Discount with all the kids who are free. Bart and I enjoyed the cool breeze on the grass waiting for them and they enjoyed taking pictures with my phone.
We enjoyed a couple hours at the cabin eating our picnic on the deck (the best part of the cabin) and then we stopped by the Hole in the Rock outdoor museum/ rest area. Being a holiday there was nobody in site but I noticed this picture that I've been wanting to buy ever since my sister showed me one that she bought a few years back, locked up in the gift shop. I guess I'll have to go back sometime and buy it another time.
On the way home we noticed my dad cutting hay in Grover so we stopped to say hi and let the kids take another ride.
After being in the car all day the kids were more than happy to be let out at the bottom of the hill and race up to my parents house.
After the parade instead of standing in long lines ( do that enough in the city) and wasting a bunch of money in the bounce houses/slides we took off in the Can Am to the Lion's Head. We made it but I couldn't remember how to get on top of the Lion's Head so we played around the rocks instead.
We enjoyed a nice lunch with the family went to church the next day and made our way back to the heat of the Salt Lake Valley.














































So many of these pictures make me think of the Primary song, "What Do You Do in the Sometime?" Picturesque!
ReplyDeleteI need to get a job with summers off. I feel like my kids just watched TV most days, besides our Seattle week. Though we did get to Lagoon a bunch. I am jealous of your family close by with healthy grandparents with so much outdoors to play in! Perfect for kids.
ReplyDelete