You decide to pull out the one size to big shoes for your 3 year old, just because they have no laces to bend over and tie and he can put them on all by himself. Aaron is so excited to put these babies on each morning he'll even put on his socks by himself. He's pretty proud of his "Darth Vader" shoes. Especially how they light up. He was so excited to show his cousins his new shoes and I've been told that when he did cute Andrew said something like "Can I have those when you grow out of them". Andrew couldn't be a middle child?
Oh the delight he expressed when he pulled these out of the box. When he put them on he asked in the most sincerely grateful voice "Did you buy these for me mommy". I then replied "No Aunt Ally did" He then said "Oh that was so nice of her". A few times since then he'll be in the back seat of the car and out of the blue say "It was so nice of Ally to buy me these shoes." I hope Aaron will always keep his happy grateful spirit.
You'll also by waddling around Wal-mart wishing the store was smaller and the necessity trip was over and your 3 year old will spot a box of Star Wars honey grahams. You simply say yes when he asks to have them knowing full well he told you to buy them before and he barely touched them. Some battles aren't worth $2.50. As a true Star Wars fan, when we got home he instantly opened them up and lined up all the character faces. I was very impressed that he knew all their names.
I suspect when he has his dad's phone he's up in his room watching the episodes more than I think. Just like before he had no interest in eating the crackers. This time instead of them sitting in the cupboard he proceeded to take one of the Darth Vader's head and crush the other heads with it all the while saying "Darth Vader is killing so and so". He also later found a stack of note pads and envelopes and spent the afternoon writing notes from Darth Vader. He also spent one morning collecting cupcake holders, a small box and a whole bunch of tape to make Darth Vader's space ship. He then with his over enthusiatic way flew it all over the house.




I heard him talking about Darh Vader today...he was also singing Primary songs. He is one of the sweetest boys I know!
ReplyDeleteHe's obsessed! I love it. Wait til he tries to use the force chokehold on you from across the room. And my poor Andrew, haha, what a comment.
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDelete