My mom loves politics. Growing up there was a lot of talk about being republican. Even now any mention of supporting a democrat is as bad or worse as disowning our religion. There was always a lot of campaign paraphanelia around the house. Especially when my mom was a state delegate for her precinct. She even received Christmas cards from Governors, senators and congressmen. My Grandpa Morrell was also the same way and was a county commissioner for years. Since I've been married every so often when there is an election my mom will start bugging all of us girls to attend our caucus meeting. A couple years ago she even sent out an email to the family saying she would pay whoever went to their caucus meeting 20 bucks. As tempting as that was it wasn't compelling enough for me.
This year I decided to attend a caucus meeting. Mostly because I think it's cool that the GOP in Utah changed to a voters election poll which puts the control back to the people and not the state delegates. I also feel the need to take part since such a crazy crude guy like Donald Trump is actually winning the republican vote. I met him a few years ago when Bart took me to Tahoe to a celebrity golf tournament and he seems like the same onry rude person as he was back then. Really? Have we as American's lost all values? I'm also really sick of the crazy pregnant Donald Trump nightmares I have. Plus do we really want a first lady who was once a porn star? I also happen to work with and really like many Mexican's. Some of the children's parents are legal and some are not. I find them to be very humble hard working people who take great care of their children. I don't always see this is white/black US citizens who think the world owes them a hand out and aren't afraid to ask them.
So I informed Bart he was taking me to the caucus meeting on Thursday night. Right before we were ready to go he tried to get out of it but I nicely reminded him about a fiasco I went through to get him some baseball pictures and he didn't say another word and got in the car. He also said he hopes by going he would not have to see Trump on TV as much.
Bart was so thrilled to be there (can't you see it in the picture). I said I feel the same as you do whenever I'm on one of your autograph adventure so just sit back smile and pretend your happy to be here.
I texted this picture to my mom so she would be so proud I finally made it to a caucus.
So mom we will be expecting our $20 in the mail.
No comments:
Post a Comment