Wednesday, March 16, 2016

How to Redneck a girls bike

Aaron loves to ride bikes and has grown out of his baby 10 inch bike.  Sitting in the corner of the garage was the girls old pink bike.  This bike is a keeper!  We bought this expensive "Gary Fisher" bike off of Craiglist for $50 bucks and it's held up great.



 The problem with having girls before boys is the color pink.  I remember one Sunday afternoon when I was pregnant with Aaron we were driving up to Bart's parents for dinner.  While stopped at a Red light I noticed on the corner this small family with a couple of girls and this little boy riding a bright pink bike.    My heart hurt for the boy and I had a little anxiety attack that this could be us in a few years.    So here I am with a little boy and a perfectly good pink bike.  Having no desire to spend 70-80 bucks on another bike,  I feel like I'm buying one about every year,  I take the red neck approach.

First Bart pumped  up the tires and attached the training wheels.

Then Aaron and I head down to the local Home Depot and look through the selection of duct tape.  Aaron spots the Batman duct tape and we are out of the door within minutes.


Bart and Aaron then proceed to cover up the pink with the cool bat man duct tape.









Aaron then is off on a trip around the cul de sac on his " hand me down not so pink anymore" Bat man bike.


Slightly ghetto but he's pretty proud of it so I'm pretty proud of it too.




3 comments: