Thursday, January 8, 2015

6 year old JANE

Jane is so proud that her birthday is the day after Christmas.  She even told me to wrap her present in Christmas paper.  The night before her birthday she asked me "what time was I  born" so I told her her birth story and said "Around 10AM".  The next morning she continued to ask me what time it was to see if she had officially turned 6 yet.   She got so giddy when I told her it was after 10 and she was now 6.   The next day we invited cousins to come play with us at Trafalga and then join us for pizza and cake at our house.  Bart decided only the best for Jane so he ordered 5 Papa John's pizza's to go.  Jane also wanted a simple chocolate cake this year with the rainbow sprinkles on top that her Primary teacher gave her a while back that went with a lesson. 





I love every ounce of my feisty stubborn Jane.  (Although I often wish I wasn't the one that had to deal with her tempers.)   I have no doubt she'll become a very successful adult.  Ally told me the other day "Jane should be a doctor.  She's a go getter, really smart, stubborn and has quite the temper".    My favorite parts of 6 year old Jane is that she hasn't outgrown that extreme excitement about the little things and shows it so readily.    I hope she always does.   I also love that she still needs a lot of  tender affection and isn't against crawling up into my lap when she needs to be rocked to help her calm down.  
 

1 comment: