Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Good gifts

All season long I kept asking Jane what she wanted for Christmas.  I'd get responses like "I don't know" or my favorite "All I need is my family".  As much as I liked that one I knew she wouldn't feel the same on Christmas morning.  I finally took matters in my own hands and told Santa what I thought she might like.  Well a couple days before Christmas Jane told Santa she wanted the Lolaloopsy baking oven.  It's similar to an easy bake oven.  She all the sudden was set on this present and could not be diverted.   Santa called me in a panic saying the elves didn't have time to make one and get it on the sleigh before Christmas.  I hoped that Jane would not be disappointed with Christmas around the corner knowing that even Amazon prime couldn't get it to Santa that soon.  Just 2 days before Christmas I had a distinct thought to check online again although my previous attempts were futile.    I discovered that the Wal-mart close to my house had one left so I quickly called Santa and he sent an Elf right away to get it.     This became a lesson of a Child's faith to me.  Jane was so certain that Santa would deliver.  I was bracing for the lesson in life of disappointment but I'll never forget her face on Christmas that seemed to say with Confidence "Of course Santa would deliver why wouldn't he!"  The scripture Matthew 7:11 came to mind at that moment.  It says "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask".  Sometimes in life it's easy to think that our Heavenly Father sent us here to Earth to be tested and grow by life's disappointments.  I like this scripture because I think it shows that Heavenly Father really wants to give us our righteous desires.  Sometimes we just need to be like Jane who with full confidence asked Santa for her Lolaloopsy baking oven and then showed such faith that he would deliver.  

2 comments:

  1. You made me tear up a little. I have been struggling with this topic for a long time now. I've never heard it this way and it gave me comfort.

    ReplyDelete