Friday, January 16, 2015

The Woes of online shopping

 I did most of my Christmas shopping online this year.    We kept the UPS driver busy but it was so less stressful than fighting the crowds.    I'd do it again in a heartbeat but I've learned a valuable lesson about knock off toys.

Jane loves to play with barbies so Emily decided she wanted to give Jane the frozen characters including Olaf for Christmas.  We got on amazon and started shopping.  Just when I was about to purchase the dolls separately I noticed this great 2 for 1 deal with Anna and Elsa together.    We quickly snatched it up, wrapped it and waited for the big reveal.

Jane was ecstatic when she opened the present.   After the jumping and celebration was over she looked closer at the dolls and said "This doesn't really look like Elsa and she doesn't have a cape"  I mumbled something about sure it does and we moved on the the next present.

Last Tuesday Jane came down in tears.  "Look what Aaron did mom".  This wasn't the first time Aaron had popped a leg or head off a Barbie but it was the first time the parts could not be put back together due to it being cheaply glued together.  


 Jane was so distraught and I knew it was more my fault for buying such cheap toys knowing Aaron the Destroyer lives here.   Once Jane was safely on the bus off to school I told Aaron he needed to go buy Jane another Anna and Elsa.   At the store I was amazed that he was totally focused on getting Jane an Elsa and Anna and didn't care or ask for toys for himself.  We found the "Disney" Brand ones on the shelf quickly paid for them and was back in the car in a flash.  All the way home Aaron held the 2 boxes and looked at them saying "Jane--Anna"  "Jane--- Elsa".    It was priceless when Jane ran through the door after school.  Aaron in full speed ran to meet her at the door saying "Jane, Jane, Elsa, Elsa".  He took her hand and led her to the table where they were sitting so proud to replace them.    Jane picked up the boxes and said "Oh they are so pretty and they even have shoes". 
 

 On a side note can you tell which one came from a knock off China toy store and looks a little Asian? 

No comments:

Post a Comment