Saturday, June 21, 2014

Soccer Superstar


Driving home one night after Jane's 3 or 4th soccer game, Emily turned to Jane and said "you are a super star at soccer"!!! My confident Jane just beamed her contagious smile and said "I know".    To say the least Jane carried her team to victory most of the games scoring tons of goals.    One game in particular it seemed to turn into a one man show with Jane as the star.  I had to giggle when I heard a parent from the other team yell to his kid "As much as I'd like to see Pele score another goal "GET IN FRONT OF THAT GIRL".  Perhaps the best moment for me as a mother was when Jane was kicking the ball down the field with a team mate by her side.  When Jane was right at the goal ready to kick the ball in she stopped and passed it off to cute little Macey who kicked in her first goal.  Way to be team player Jane!!!! 

A few days ago we were in the car and Jane noticed a bumper sticker and asked  me what it says.  I responded "Alta High Girls Soccer".  I then said "Just think in a few years Jane when your in high school and playing soccer for the high school team I get to put one of those stickers on my car too."  Once again Jane flashed me her awesome smile and said "I know"!!!

(These pictures don't do justice for Jane.  Never hire a photographer who is also the excited cheering parent as well as the chaser of the 1 year old who thinks he should play on the team as well)

Jane with her Coach



3 comments:

  1. Is the season over? I could bring my long lens and get some photos of her if you are willing to chase Phinner around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that she was playing soccer, I am not surprised that she is so good at it! I really really wish we lived closer so I could come and cheer her on myself!

    ReplyDelete