Thursday, September 12, 2013

Raining Days for Labor Day

This year for our Family Reunion we went to the Dark Valley Cabin for Labor Day.   It was fun to bump along that old rocky road and play the same game "Who can spot the Cabin first"  Although it felt like we were rained out and spent a lot of time in the cabin we still got some time on the 4 wheelers and Can Am and "fished"i.e. hung out at the lake.  Emily and Jane were so excited to learn how to drive the 4 wheeler (very supervised of course).  The one picture I wished I would have got was Aaron strapped into Bart's seat belt on the Can Am with the girls next to him.  Aaron's face was priceless.  Almost as if he was saying "Hey mom I'm going on an adventure with my dad"

Our messy boy after a long time in the car without any complaints. Licorice and suckers are the secret!  




The kids enjoyed a dancing competition but didn't so much enjoy musical chairs 

The kids enjoyed Lincoln Logs and legos.  These are the same sets I use to play with as a kid when we came to Dark Valley




Aaron, the only one who got a bath

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Wish we could have made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to remember the sucker/licorice trick when the holidays roll around and we are driving for hours and hours. Fun trip!

    ReplyDelete