The night before the 24th we did a FHE about Pioneers. I asked them
what a pioneer was and Emily said "They were people who put a little bit
of milk in a can and tied it to their wagon and the wagon shook it and
made it into butter." The highlight of sharing time for my girls was when primary
had made cream into butter in little containers on Sunday and told them
that this is how they made butter while crossing the plains. I loved
how big Jane's eyes were as I told them the story of the miracle of the
seagulls. They got so into it they wanted me to tell them more pioneer
stories.
I love to go up Emigration Canyon on Pioneer Day and eat breakfast at Ruth's Diner on the 24th of July. Most of the time I can convince Bart that this is a good idea. (He's not a big go out to eat for breakfast kind of guy) My leverage this year was that now we most likely won't be living so close to the canyon this may be our last year doing it. The weather was perfect we talked about how the pioneers came down this canyon to settle Salt Lake and of course Ruth's mile high biscuits made it worth it.
We then headed up to Lagoon to enjoy the day with Bart's family. Jeff
took a few pictures of the girls at Lagoon a Beach. Emily was with Max and MIA most
of the time due to her new found love of big water slides.
This was also the first time Emily had no interest in the kiddie land. She's a big girl now who tries all the rides she is tall enough for and loves the Big White Roller Coaster.
Jane is still happy on Lady Bug Bop and says when she is older she will try the bigger rides.




No comments:
Post a Comment