Saturday, July 21, 2012

Walk around town

My girls and I have spent the last couple of weeks enjoying the cool mountain air of Teasdale.  My kankles have thanked me as I've caught glimpses of 100+ degree weather back in Salt Lake.  Growing up I spent so much time biking all over this town.    Here are  a few pictures Allyson took for her most popular pinterest tab labelled Teasdale.

 I love that you can walk town the middle of the road with a dog in tow. 

On the way in to town we got caught up in a "Teasdale Traffic Jam"  Basically it's  when two cars stop to talk to each other.  This causes to two cars right behind them to have to stop as well.  Amazingly nobody honked even after 3-4 minutes of this.  Allyson wished she had a horn on her jogging stroller.  I guess once you move on you lose gain more impatience 


Teasdale Fire station.  A common place for Santa to stop and  receive Christmas wishes from all the kids in town

Post Office.  To this day I can still walk and say to the Post Master "I'm here to pick up  my mom's mail"  Last time we spent some time here my girls and I would pile into my dad's old pick up truck and would  into town for a mail pick up.  My girls thought it was quite the adventure

Teasdale Church.   It still pangs me it's just an old abandoned building now

Rock Hall.  When I think of this place I think of all the ward parties I went to as a kid  with my plastic green tuberware tray that you then took home.

Teasdale Merc.  Although closed now as I child it was the happening place.   I loved being able to walk in pick out a candy bar  say "charge it".  It was also were I learned my first lesson on honestly.  One day I was with my dad and wanted a big pack of Big Red but was turned down.  I snuck it anyway out anyway.   Later that day my dad saw me smacking away at a big piece of red gum and promptly marched me back to the store.  I'll never forget how embarrassed I was walking alone into this store and giving the clerk Clella, who was a little scary anyway,  the money. 

The cemetary consists of sage brush and graves I've always thought it would be a perfect setting for a Steven King movie.  



Stop at the Teasdale Park. 

View of my parents house from town

Bottle house.  My Grandma Pace told us that the lady who build this  house was too poor for  building materials.  So instead she collected Beer bottles from the "Mormon Dump" to add insulation to the house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment