Sunday, July 22, 2012

Swimming lessons

When my sister Sarah told me  I should put my girls in week long private swimming lessons at the Wayne Swimming Pool while I was staying in Teasdale for the week, I thought perfect Emily won't be able to avoid doing the scary things in swimming lessons like float on her back if she's the only one in the class.
I didn't expect to walk into the pool and feel like I was 7 again.  The place hasn't changed a bit.  I spent so many afternoons there swimming as a child it was like stepping back in time.
The lessons were first class and I saw so much improvement in both of my girls.  Emily was jumping off the diving board by herself and Jane would slide down the little slide without having someone there to catch her and would completely emerge into the water and bounce right back up.




Grandma Becky surprised them with new beach towels for completing their courses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment