Monday, May 9, 2011

My mother's Day

Emily made my mother's day extra special this year. On Saturday I overheard her talking to Bart about making me breakfast. Later that day she came across a jewelry box in the garage and asked me if she could paint it. I set up her paints and left her to make dinner. A little while later she, trying really hard not to give away my present, asked me if she could "borrow" a ring from my jewelry box. She left the room only to return a short time later and handed me this beautifully painted box and told me to not open it until Mother's Day. Wow was I surprised when I opened it the next day to find one of my rings inside the box.


Early the next morning as I was waking up I heard the sound of little feet scurrying into my room. Trying to "act" asleep I soon heard them make there way back to their room. A little while later, thinking Emily had went back to sleep, I arose and as quickly as I made it out of my door Emily was stopping me asking me why I was awake. I told her I always wake up early and she said but it's mother's day and you are suppose to stay in bed because we are making you breakfast. She then added "on mother's day you aren't supposed to do anything and daddy is suppose to do everything." (Thanks to whoever instilled that into Emily's head) As I pretended to go back to sleep Emily begged Bart to get up and make me breakfast. Breakfast was great. At church Emily filled out a questionnaire about how well you know your mom. I laughed at her response to the question "what does your mom like to do" Emily said "She likes to cook, that's about all, Oh and wash dishes"

Emily always knows just what do give me for mother's day starting as a five week old she slept through the night for the first time on mother's day. Man am I lucky to be a mom to my girls!!

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to see Emily this weekend. I love how she makes plans...she's one smart cookie.

    ReplyDelete