Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Perfect Christmas tree


When I got word that my dad was coming up to Salt Lake I mentioned (OK I begged) him to cut down and bring me a Christmas tree. I love this tree! Mostly because it reminds me of being a child and watching my dad so proudly bring in the Christmas tree and then my mom would go on and on about how perfect it is.
Another reason I think this tree is perfect is because it's not perfect. It's not grown in a Christmas Tree farm where I'm sure they've got tricks to make trees look perfect. Nature made my tree just the way it is barren spots, crooked trunk and all. To me it signifies the way life is. None of us are perfect but the key it to not focus on the barren spots in ourselves or others but to enjoy they way God made us imperfect and all!

2 comments:

  1. Love that thought - thanks for sharing!!! The tree is "perfect"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your metaphor. Can't wait to see the tree in person:)

    ReplyDelete