
Emily loves to be outside riding her bike in our driveway! She's got steering and pedaling down but not the braking. Both Bart and I continue to teach her how to use her brakes but her stubborn self does not want to be shown how to do it but she wants to do it her way. Her way is one of two. She will either stop pedaling and coast to a stop or she will drive into the curb,that separates our house from our neighbors, and stop herself. Unfortunately driving into the curb sometimes ends with a crash. One night Bart attempted to help Emily realize that driving into the curb is not a good idea and once again tried to teach her about the brake system of her bike. The next day I was outside with her and she drove into the curb and crashed again. I could see the shock mixed with shame that she did something wrong on her face but I think she didn't want another lesson on braking so instead of crying she said "It's OK momma that just tickled"
Oh Emily!
No comments:
Post a Comment