Sunday, July 19, 2009

Only in Utah

As we were driving to the Oquirrh Temple Open House, from the Freeway Emily spotted the Jordan River Temple and said "Mom I see the temple." When we drove by it Emily was so confused why we weren't stopping because we were going there 'today' (slight change to the song "I love to see the temple" that Emily was singing in the car. As I was trying to explain that it was a different temple I saw the Oquirrh Temple literally around the corner and realized just how close it is the to Jordan River Temple. I think it is pretty amazing that the church has a need to have two temples so close together.
The pose we had to wait in line to get. Maybe if I had more talent as a photographer and a better camera it might have turned out a little better

I have a twinge of guilt that the whole way through the temple I was bribing Emily that if she was "reverent" there would be cookies at the end. She was a champ even with those long lines to go up and down the stairs.

My amazing Jane who loves commotion and crowds.

Emily and Bentley watching the divers at the Mayan restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment