Monday, May 6, 2024

get her done....

   Aaron being such a great son came home after school on the first storm of the season and happily went out and shoveled the driveway with a shovel with a promise from his mom that she would give him some "Harmon's money".   Upon finishing he came in all sweaty and tired.   Bart at the same time emerged from his office and complimented Aaron on doing such a great job and then followed up with "Looks like this is your job the rest of the winter."  

As more storms rolled in Aaron became weary of keeping up with his new responsibility.   He remembered when my nephew Branson lived with us and how after a big storm and we were all snowed in Branson fired up our old snow blower and got the job done like a boss.  
He would ask me about it once in a while and I would reply "I have no idea how he got it to work.he"  Bart wasn't any more help so he turned to Youtube University.   He watched a few videos and then started bugging me to get some starter fluid.    Of course, he woud bring it up late at night or when I was making dinner instead of logical times like while I was running errands.  
Finally, one evening the forecast called for heavy snow all night.  The snow was just starting to come down and Aaron begged and begged me to take him to walmart for starter fluid.  I caved and we drove there got some and were back before the roads turned bad.   

The next morning Aaron was up and at it all kiddy that he was going to shovel the driveway with our snowplow.  Bart and I had little hope he would get the old clunker working but figured it would keep our fiddle faddle son busy for a while on a snowy saturday morning.  I busied myself making breakfast and Bart was searching on the internet when we both heard the purr of an engine and looked at each other and simultaneously said,  "He did it".    Next thing I saw was a boy grinning from ear to ear plowing a driveway.   He had it done in a jiffy a little deflated that he couldn't play with this new toy so I suggested he go plow the neighbors driveway as well.   
Jim texted me a little later telling me to thank Aaron for being so kind and I said "It's not bother, he was happy there was another driveway to do"    




 

No comments:

Post a Comment