Sunday, January 29, 2023

When you turn 45........

Did you doing anything fun for your birthday?    Hmm...  Well I left for work around 7AM.   Had the best coworkers who brought a yummy lunch, flowers and gave me some Burt Bees supplies.  I left work to rush and pick up the middle school carpool.   I came home and Emily offered to take me out to get a swig and a treat but there was no time between Emily getting things ready for an Orchestra booth at the Alta High Freshman orientation later that night and I had to go pick up Aaron from an after school activity.  I then rushed home and quickly helped Spencer get a 100 day poster ready for school the next day.   I helped Spencer then gather up his piano books and was very grateful Bart took him while I went with Jane to her freshman orientation.   After eight I arrived home in time to give an exhausted Bart (who was recovering from Sundance)  a kiss goodnight.   I changed into my comfy robe and sank into the couch.   Jane my gifted gift giver brought me a few presents to open from Spencer and her, one from Ally as well as my mom.   Aaron then came in and gave me a hug and said his present was a hug everyday for 10 days.   

One might say my  birthday was a bust but I wouldn't have it any other way.   I have so many duties as a mother with busy kids but my heart and house is filled with so much love that all I can feel is extreme gratitude for these blessings.   

The following Sat Bart took me on our annual post birthday dinner.    I have such fond memories of these dinners  including the time I told Bart I was pregnant with Aaron.    Raquel suggested using a birthday coupon to go out to Benihanas.   This was my first experience at this restaurant.   I remember thinking how cool it looked on the commercials as a kid and now I've checked it off my bucket list.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment