Friday, May 20, 2022

Kindergarten Graduate 2022

Spencer is an official kindergarten graduate of Draper Elementary 


They sang a few songs.  



And then showed a slideshow of pictures from the year.    I had to laugh because this picture comes up of all them holding up their stuffed animals they brought from home for a reward day.  


 I giggled when I heard a resounding "there's stuffy wuffy". 


   Of course Spencer and his charismatic self is the one who has the "popular" stuffed animal.  


 Most papers that come home from school don't stick around too long but this hung up on my cabinet most of the year.  I love it!!  Stuffy Wuffy was obviously an important part of Spencer's year!  



In the video they asked all the kids what they want to be when they grow up.  I thought the one that said I want to be a dad was so cute and tender.  This was Spencer's.  




 



A few things that stand out about Spencer in his kindergarten class to me.
1.   Spencer started singing "Skidermaricadicado I love you"  around the house.   He said they sung that every day before they went home.  
2.  He told me he was really friendly at school and asked everyone in his class to be his friend. 
3.   He learned some good emotional regulation skills like taking 3 breaths and saying waterfall as you wingle your fingers like rain is coming down.   He would do this sometimes when things/people would get wound up at our house.
4.   His teacher Ms.  Bentley told me that he and a few of his friends were so good to keep the house area cleaned and organized.  One day before parent teachers conference everyone was pitching it to make the classroom look nice and after Spencer meticulously organized the kitchen area he stood guard so nobody would go play and mess it all up again.  
5.   I was lucky to have a carpool to get him to Draper Elementary.   He hated it though because he was the littlest one and because of that he always had to sit in the back.  He hates being treated like a baby. 

 We just all continue to adore this special guy who loves us all back unconditionally. 


Here's a few extra screenshots from the video his teacher sent home















No comments:

Post a Comment