Everyone who know her knows that Jane is wonderful. Jane implemented a new cleaning "jurisdiction" system that she saw on a you tube channel about a large family that she follows. These jobs are "being part of the family" jobs.. I tweaked it a little and added some volunteer "mom" jobs that come with some cash when done. One Saturday Jane decided she wanted some trendy wide leg jeans. She came to me and I offered her a mom job of full detail of the pilot with a price tag of $20. She spent the better part of the day in the car making it spotless. Emily's friend Alix's parents came to pick up Emily and saw Jane cleaning the car. Sami said "Jane are you cleaning out your mom's car". Jane (being embarrassed because she hadn't gotten ready for the day and was wearing her dad's Allstate coat to keep warm sheepishly nodded).
Sami: Wow your child of the year!!!!
I couldn't agree more!
Jane's middle school divides each class into 3 teams. She was recognized last month with a howl out from Team Wolf as being the Leader of the Pack.
I knew Jane was working on an assignment to participate in the History Day Fair. I knew she was researching Topaz the Japanese Interment Camp out by Delta. The only thing I helped with was suggest to her when she asked where can I get barb wire that she could call Grandpa Dick to see if he had some left over barbwire to go around her fold out poster board. Jane did such as fantastic job all by herself that she made it to district and then continued on as only 1 out of 2 students from her large middle school to Regions. I appreciate how she strives for A+ work without pressure from me.
Jane is also advancing in Piano. Her piano teacher comments that she wishes more of her students were as diligent as Jane with all the work she puts into practicing. I take no credit she does it all on her own.
Jane once a month has been going to the University of Utah to participate in the middle school preparatory division. In addition to these extra lessons they also have her performing more in front a judge. She then participated in her first ever piano competition. Her teacher Gretchen told Jane to go in relax and just get the experience of competing.Oh and lets not forget how she has now taken over cutting Bart's hair. A few times when Bart let his hair go a little too long I would nag him to please let me make him an appointment at great clips or anywhere. He would say I only trust Suzy and your sister Sarah to cut my hair. Problem is we don't often see either of these sisters. For Christmas Suzy showed Jane how to cut Bart's hair and she gave her dad a certificate for unlimited hair cuts. Jane quickly gained Bart's trust (not easily done). She's independently cut it a few times now and each time it looks fabulous. What a blessing it is to have Jane willing and ready anytime Bart needs a haircut.










The Richards grandkids have tennis in their genes!
ReplyDelete